Partner Mission with GNS3 - October 2015

• 5 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Cumulus Opening Networking October Mission Welcome to October. This has been a great first few months and we have an exciting opportunity to start today with the people at GNS3.

This month we are super excited to highlight the integration of Cumulus VX with GNS3 as part of the mission. We want you to roll up your sleeves and put this product to the test for a chance to win $1,500 in prizes. What Is Cumulus VX You Ask?
Cumulus VX is a virtual appliance to prototype network operations and develop custom applications prior to deploying into production environment. Without the need of a bare metal switch or specialized hardware, Cumulus VX runs on all popular hypervisors, making traditional networking protocols such as BGP and MLAG and Cumulus Networks-specific technologies such as Prescriptive Topology Manager available for testing and configuration.
Are You Up For The Challenge?
We've split this mission into two parts. The first part will focus on best practices and tips & tricks to use with Cumulus VX and will take part in the Cumulus Networking Community. Pay attention to the rules below as there are some HUGE prizes hanging in the balance!
What is up for Grabs?
Daily Prizes 8 Raspberry Pi With GNS3 Uploaded
8 Free Practical SDN and OpenFlow Fundamentals Course on GNS3 Academy
Grand Prize
Cumulus Linux Boot Camp – Online(Valued at $699)
Cumulus Networks Swag

Signed Copy of the Book of GNS3
Mission Rules
Mission Part 1 >> October 5 – 20th
Note: GNS3 Jungle users will be required to create a separate Cumulus Networks user account in order to participate in Part 1 of the mission
  • A new question will open every two days in the Cumulus Networks Community (Monday - Friday) starting on October 1st
  • Once a question has opened, it will remain open until October 15th
  • Correctly answer a question, you will be entered to win a Raspberry Pi with GNS3 + Free Practical SDN and OpenFlow Fundamentals Course on GNS3 Academy
  • There will a total of 8 winners since there are 8 questions
  • Daily drawings will happen every two days (exception on the weekends). See example schedule below
  • Off to the GNS3 Jungle you go!

Mission Part 2 >> September 16th – 30th
This part of the mission will be hosted in the GNS3 Jungle. We want you to put Cumulus VX to the test within the GNS3 software and show us the results. To help you on your way we have developed a step-by-step integration guide.
Step I: If you haven't done so already make sure to download the latest version of GNS3. Click here.
Step II: Follow the steps in the Cumulus VX / GNS3 Integration Guide.
Step III: Submit a screenshot of the topology (within GNS3) showcasing Cumulus VX.
Step IV: Write a short description of your experience using the appliance and any feedback in the comments section below.
Optional Step V: Post a picture of your topology with GNS3 on Twitter for an extra ballot in the community with the following hashtag #CumulusChallenge

So now for the Mission:
Here are the questions. We will update this post with a new one every other day.

Mission Part 1: Prizes: 8 Raspberry Pi With GNS3 Uploaded
8 Free Practical SDN and OpenFlow Fundamentals Course on GNS3 Academy

Question 1
Question 2
Question 3
Question 4
Question 5
Question 6
Question 7
Question 8

Mission Part 2:
Cumulus Linux Boot Camp – Online
(Valued at $699)
Cumulus Networks Swag

Signed Copy of the Book of GNS3

Post screen shots of your complete set-up in the comments bellow.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Let the games begin! Looking forward to seeing the great things that can be done with the new CumulusVX and GNS3!
Great work! Where I can find my user ID on the Cumulus Community? 😉
Userlevel 5
Great work! Where I can find my user ID on the Cumulus Community? ;)

You can put your name or email.
Great work! Where I can find my user ID on the Cumulus Community? ;)

Thank you! Please add somewhere more info about that where people can find their IDs.