Version 2.5.7 for Cumulus VX

Any idea when version 2.5.7 for Cumulus VX will be available?

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Michael,

It should be rolling out very soon.
Userlevel 5
It is actually possible to apt-get dist-upgrade to a VX 2.5.7 image from VX 2.5.6. There are two packages which stand in the way of that upgrade; both of which are not relevant to VX so they can be held. In order set a hold on them perform the following steps. sudo su apt-get update' echo "cl-image" hold | dpkg --set-selections echo "cl-platform-config" hold | dpkg --set-selections apt-get dist-upgrade After performing these steps you'll be left with 2.5.6 VX that has all the 2.5.7 packages. root@leaf1:/home/vagrant# cat /etc/lsb-release DISTRIB_ID="Cumulus Linux" DISTRIB_RELEASE=2.5.7 DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=2.5.7-753304d-201603071654-build Hopefully that can hold you over until an official binary can be released.
Userlevel 3
Eric Pulvino wrote:

It is actually possible to apt-get dist-upgrade to a VX 2.5.7 image from VX 2.5.6. There are two ...

This is a great workaround, Eric, thanks!
Eric Pulvino wrote:

It is actually possible to apt-get dist-upgrade to a VX 2.5.7 image from VX 2.5.6. There are two ...

Thanks a lot Eric, that worked perfectly!
Eric Pulvino wrote:

Hi Eric,

I did the update to 2.5.7 on CumulusVX without any issues.
Can you do this as well if you want to upgrade to 3.0
I do not see any repos yet for 3.0

Thanks,
Martijn
Userlevel 5
Eric Pulvino wrote:

No, the 3.0 update is a major update. We should have the new image on the site shortly. Stay tuned for an announcement.
Userlevel 3
Eric Pulvino wrote:

We should have the new image on the site shortly

Yes, very shortly. Like right now! I see that Cumulus VX 3.0.0 is available:

https://cumulusnetworks.com/cumulus-vx/download/
Eric Pulvino wrote:

okay, so I have to do a reinstall with 3.0 and place back the config files I made with 2.5
Userlevel 5
Eric Pulvino wrote:

Yes, Keep the caveats mentioned here in mind --> https://docs.cumulusnetworks.com/display/DOCS/Upgrading+Cumulus+Linux#UpgradingCumulusLinux-CaveatsWhenMigratingConfigurationFilesBetweenCumulusLinux2.5and3.0 This document was written for standard Cumulus Linux but the content also applies to VX as well.
Eric Pulvino wrote:

Thanks for the reply, It is easy if it is only for one switch/VX but if you want to configure a bunch at the same time, it will be a lot of work.
Actually this issue forces me to do more automation. I am testing an Ansible setup with fetch and copy right now.
Userlevel 5
Eric Pulvino wrote:

Speaking of that topic... consider this skeleton for a similar ansible script --> https://support.cumulusnetworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/209620358
Eric Pulvino wrote:

That is actually my source. Modifying the files as well to get some system related files...
Thanks for the tip...