cl-support: Terminating module after timeout: network

Hi,

I'm trying to do "cl-support" on one Cumulus Linux switch and encountered an error as following.
cl-support: Terminating module after timeout: network
I can see that the error is appeared after "system.btrfs". The switch is running Cumulus Linux version 3.3.2. Same version on other switch is fine.
Any advices or idea about what caused this and a solution would be very appreciated.

Thanks....
Seyma

5 replies

Userlevel 4
This is a scenario where it would be best to open a GSS support case for immediate response.
Userlevel 1
Hi,
If you see cl-support terminating due to timeout, you can try disabling timeout using the -T option: "cl-support -T0".
Please feel free to reach out to support to open a ticket if further evaluation is needed.
Userlevel 3
Nipul Shah wrote:

Hi,
If you see cl-support terminating due to timeout, you can try disabling timeout using the -T ...

In this case, cl-support would also need the -M option. Most likely you have DNS lookup timeouts. The other possibility would be timeouts reading (Q)SFP data with I2C issues. I agree with@eric, you should probably open a support case.

What was the reason you were running cl-support? Perhaps that's related to the cause of the timeout.
Nipul Shah wrote:

Hi,
If you see cl-support terminating due to timeout, you can try disabling timeout using the -T ...

Thank you....That works with the combination of -T and -M.

Cheers.
Userlevel 3
Nipul Shah wrote:

Hi,

How long did cl-support take to complete, with -T0 -M ?

Did you figure out what was slowing things down? Do you have a support case open (and if so, what was the subject)?