Solved

Docker with VRFs

I'm trying to get docker to run an FRR container on a basic Debian install. I am having an issue which I think is VRF related.

I have configured the mgmt-vrf and installed the cumulus mgmt-vrf packages all is working well for everything else that I have tried.
However, when I try to do a docker run and pull down the FRR container hub.cumulusnetworks.com/chp-roh:latest I get a 'network unreachable' error (as I believe it's trying to use the main table, rather than the mgmt vrf to download the images).

I tried following the instructions here:

https://docs.cumulusnetworks.com/display/CL35/Docker+on+Cumulus+Linux
(replacing docker-engine with docker-ce)

but when I get to the systemctl start docker@mgmt command, it just hangs and the service never starts.

Any help appreciated!
icon

Best answer by Nick Mitchell 8 June 2018, 18:40

What version of Debian is the host running? VRF support was added into the Linux Kernel more recently. Is everything aside from docker working with respect to the mgmt VRF configuration? My initial thought is that some required kernel module or package might be missing which is not allowing this to work.

Are there any logs written to /var/log/syslog when trying to execute the start command? What does the output of sudo journalctl | grep docker show?

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
What version of Debian is the host running? VRF support was added into the Linux Kernel more recently. Is everything aside from docker working with respect to the mgmt VRF configuration? My initial thought is that some required kernel module or package might be missing which is not allowing this to work.

Are there any logs written to /var/log/syslog when trying to execute the start command? What does the output of sudo journalctl | grep docker show?