Can you please let me know if Cumulus linux already supports policy based routing based on DSCP etc as of now or in future road map?

Can you please let me know if Cumulus linux already supports policy based routing based on DSCP etc as of now or in future road map?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Naresh, we do support DSCP and also 802.1p. This article in the Cumulus Linux user guide should help:

http://docs.cumulusnetworks.com/display/DOCS/Configuring+Buffer+and+Queue+Management
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply. Let me explain use case I am looking for. Say, if a packet with dscp 40 reaches cumulus switch on port 1 and supposed to go out of port 2 based on routing protocol, BUT can we have any rule such that, I can classify this packet for dscp 40 and write rule to send to port 3 instead?

We would like to do policy based routing based on matching DSCP or IP address. Can you please let me know cumulus supports it?

Thanks & Regards
Naresh
Userlevel 4
Cumulus Linux does not support PBR (Policy Based Routing) yet. We may in the future. Please email sales@cumulusnetworks.com for questions about road maps.
Hi.
Since this thread was done 1 year and a half ago, does PBR still not supported ?
Userlevel 3
PBR is still not supported.
Userlevel 1
Hello,
Does latest version 3.3 support PBR yet?
or should I using Quagga instead?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Not yet. Quagga would be a better choice in general. I have always thought of PBR as a way to handle temporary exceptions to the routing design. It carries too much overhead in terms of resource utilization and operational maintenance. Always best to go with a deterministic routing design.