does cumulus linux support ip-in-ip tunnel or gre tunnel?

does cumulus linux support ip-in-ip tunnel or gre tunnel?
if it does, please let me know how to configure ip-in-ip tunnel.

H/W : Edge-core AS4600-54T
NOS : CumulusLinux 2.5.7

10 replies

Userlevel 5
While it can be done on the Trident 2 chipset, the PPC does not and currently it is not supported on Cumulus Linux.
thank you for your prompt reply 🙂

I have one more question.
if trident 2 chipset can support ip-in-ip tunnel, can I configure ip-in-ip tunnel using chipset command or anything?
I want to just set up ip-in-ip tunnel.
if you know anything to set up ip-in-ip tunnel on Edge-core AS4600-54T, please let me know.
Userlevel 5
In the trident 2 we recommend vlan tunneling. As for the AS4600-54T I believe this does not have the Trident chipset and therefor does not support it.
As far as I know the AS4600-54T has the Apollo2 chipset(BCM56540).
doesn't the chipset support any tunnel? (vxlan tunnel, ip-in-ip tunnel, or gre tunnel)
if it support vxlan tunnel, can I configure vxlan on Cumulus Linux?
if it does not support vxlan tunnel, is there any way to set up any tunnel using AS4600-54T?

thank you for your reply.
Userlevel 5
Sy,

Can I ask what you are trying to do with this architecture? The Apollo2 does not support VXLAN tunneling, but I would like to get an idea of your end goal so we can better recommend a solution.

I appreciate your help.

I want to explain my goal. but my english is not good enough to do that.
I will ask you again after I organized my thoughts.

Thank you very much.

Hi, sorry to re-open this old post, but I'm looking to do a GRE tunnel with a EdgeCore AS5712-54X (intel cpu, trident2 chipset).
I need to do it with an external anti ddos service with require GRE tunnel (no other options).

I think trident2 support GRE tunnel in hardware, but is it possible te configure it in cumulus ? (loading ip_gre? if ytes, will it be able to offload to broadcom chipset ?)
Can somebody confirm, if cummulus linux support gre tunnel?
Userlevel 1
Tapankar Das wrote:

I have verified it working on VX, nothing really special (although, a little tricky to make it persistent over switch reboot)
Tapankar Das wrote:

Dear Sergei Hanus,
How you configred it?