Question

VTEP on spine

• 22 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

i am building a network with two spines (Mellanox SN2100) and many Leafs (Edgecore AS5412-T) as Network Virtualization i am using EVPN.

My Problem is that I have two 100Gb Uplinks teamed with LACP and only two SN2100 which I need as spines, so I need these also as ingress/egress switches. My EVPN/VXLAN is working, the Leafs can talk to each other over vnis, but if I define the vni on the spines they do not announce these over bgp. The only thing that is different on the spines is that they are route-reflectors and that they have the mlag connection to the campus network.

Why don't the spines announce their vtep?

net show bgp evnp vni on leaf1:
code:
Advertise Gateway Macip: Disabled
Advertise SVI Macip: Disabled
Advertise All VNI flag: Enabled
BUM flooding: Head-end replication
Number of L2 VNIs: 1
Number of L3 VNIs: 0
Flags: * - Kernel
VNI Type RD Import RT Export RT Tenant VRF
* 10809 L2 172.16.1.1:2 65004:10809 65004:10809 default

net show bgp evnp vni on spine1:
code:
Advertise Gateway Macip: Disabled
Advertise SVI Macip: Disabled
Advertise All VNI flag: Enabled
BUM flooding: Head-end replication
Number of L2 VNIs: 0
Number of L3 VNIs: 0
Flags: * - Kernel
VNI Type RD Import RT Export RT Tenant VRF

config for the vni on all switches:
code:
net add vxlan vni809 vxlan id 10809
net add vxlan vni809 bridge access 809
net add vxlan vni809 bridge learning off
net add vxlan vni809 vxlan local-tunnelip [loopback ip]

3 replies

Hi Phill93,

JohnF here. If you can send me cl-supports from your two spines and one of your leafs, I'll be happy to take a look.

To capture a cl-support:
  1. Execute sudo cl-support
  2. A tar file will be created in the /var/support/ directory
  3. Upload the tar file to the Cumulus FTP server using the directions below.
Once you have generated the three cl-supports, please upload them to the Cumulus Networks FTP server.

To upload a file to the Cumulus FTP server:
  1. FTP to ftp.cumulusnetworks.com, authenticating with user anonymous and providing your e-mail address as the password.
  2. Set the transfer mode to binary, if necessary: binary
  3. Use the put command to upload the file. For example, to upload a file name larg_file.tar.gz, the command would be put large_file.tar.gz
Once you have done that, please post an update to this thread with the exact filename for each of the three cl-support files you have uploaded. I will take a look at them and see if anything stands out in your configurations that may be causing you issues.

If I don't reply to you quickly to at least acknowledge that I have received the cl-support files, please either open a support case or leave a message and in your opening comment, just let them know that it is regarding this thread and to assign the case to JohnF.

--
JohnF
Cumulus Global Support Services
Hi John,

I opened a support ticket and they helped me. I had forgotten the vxlan-anycast-ip on the loopback
Hi John,

I opened a support ticket and they helped me. I had forgotten the vxlan-anycast-ip on the loopback

Hi Phil,

I'm happy that they were able to get you going.

Have a nice day,

JohnF