Routing on the Host user guide

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 1
In the user guide I see, that VM IP addresses are being redistributed into routing protocol.
Coul...
But this is much different from redistributing VM IP address - you propose to redistribute whole subnet on interface, as I understand?
I was thinking about scenario, when there's same IP subnet for VMs on two sites, but L3 between these two sites. In this case your offer is not going to work.
But, if routing on host is somehow equivalent to "redistribute neighbor" feature on cumulus switches - then yes, this would be perfect match for what I want to achive.
In the user guide I see, that VM IP addresses are being redistributed into routing protocol.
Coul...
As part of creating VM's you create network interfaces that allow the VM to communicate to the outside world. Quagga when run sees the network interfaces and the routing protocols can be configured to automatically use those interfaces. This is normal behavior on a switch to.
Userlevel 1
Could you, please, clarify - what's the mechanism of putting these addresses into routing table?
Userlevel 2
This is something I have been looking forward to. Should we expect overlay networks still for sha...A move away from VLANs entirely would certainly be nice, not sure that everyone is ready to go there but ROH opens that door. Combined with overlay networks, this should provide a path to new and interesting network designs.
Userlevel 1
This is something I have been looking forward to. Should we expect overlay networks still for shared VLANs or is this an attempt to move away from VLANs entirely?
Userlevel 4
And when you're ready to get started, download Cumulus Quagga.