Solved

mac-table overflow

• 11 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello, I'm try to enforce Cumulus VX device work in broadcast mode by the overflowing its mac-table. In plain words I try to carry out the mac-table overflow attack. I have generated over 10 000 000 of packets with different mac-sources, but nothing in result. Mac-table is enough big and unreadable, the device works with too big latency, but I want to see another effect. What's problem?
icon

Best answer by Dave Olson 11 July 2019, 20:00

With no switch ASIC in VX, the MAC table is limited by available memory in the kernel.

I'm not aware of a way to set a limit on that.

There may be some other way to do whatever you are trying to do, but you haven't described what you want, only the issue with the MAC table.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
With no switch ASIC in VX, the MAC table is limited by available memory in the kernel.

There may be some other way to do whatever you are trying to do, but you haven't described what you want, only the issue with the MAC table.

thank you, it's enough for me 🙂